Find detailed info below about MoonShade purchases, features, setup, care, and design. If you have a question about how to setup or use MoonShade and can’t find the answers below, send us a product support request here. If you need help with a Moon purchase or shipment, contact us here.
Purchasing & Shipping
Features & Technical Details
1. VersatileWhile many of the awnings and sunshades on the market are designed for only one purpose or space (i.e, the side of a vehicle, the beach, etc.), with MoonShade, we’ve created a shade solution that is as versatile as your imagination. Our simple and thoughtful design allows you to attach MoonShade to any kind of vehicle, as well as trees, fences, patios, and anything else you might come up with. Looking for a sunshade to hook to the fence at your kid’s ballgame? MoonShade has you covered. Looking for an awning to mount to the back of your SUV to tailgate and grill-out in comfort before the big game? MoonShade has you covered. Looking for a sunshade to attach to a tree while you’re camping? MoonShade has you covered. Looking for the perfect van life awning that you can mount to the side of your vehicle, but quickly pack up to take elsewhere as well? MoonShade has you covered. Using the included carabiners, suction cups, and strut pole, along with fixed mounting points (roof racks, fences), and other accessories you may already have at home (such as hammock straps), the configurations of MoonShade become endless. With MoonShade, you’re covered.
2. PortableBecause we designed MoonShade to be versatile, we also made it easily portable because we want you to be able to quickly pack it up and comfortably carry it wherever you’re going. MoonShade packs up to about the size of a yoga mat carrier and weighs in at under 8 pounds. The lightweight carry bag with shoulder strap makes traveling with it a cinch.
3. Well DesignedAt every turn, we designed MoonShade with you in mind, using high-quality lightweight but strong materials for MoonShade fabric, poles, and accessories. Placing the tension poles above (but not in contact with) the fabric, we’re able to create a strong self-supporting structure. The slightly-domed shape created by the arc of the tension poles also allows for rain to roll off the sides of MoonShade and evenly disperses light from your lantern clipped to the underside of MoonShade. For more feature information, see our main product page.
- A simple cord pull set-up allows you to easily mount MoonShade to high/out-of-reach points.
- The included strut pole allows you to mount MoonShade to narrow structures or use only one mounting point (for attaching to a tree, for example).
- In addition to resting on the ground, using two suction cups to replace the rubber feet of the support poles, you can set up an angled attachment of the support poles, affixing the base of the poles to your vehicle with the suction cups. This configuration opens a bit more space under MoonShade.